Actually, I’m neither of those things, anymore. I generally try my best not to be rude, but after two attempts, I feel confident in calling myself (finally) ginger!
I dyed my hair a few days ago, using Revlon’s bright auburn but it didn’t really stick. I’ve had the hardest time finding a red that came with a bleaching kit. The only one I’ve found locally is Splat, which I love, but I’m not really going for fire-engine red (as truly epic as it is). So I picked up a Garnier “brownish-red” dye kit at Target (yay for no bad smells that give me headaches for two days like the last one!) and left that in my hair for an hour, reapplying at will.
The picture quality is really bad, but the red actually stuck and looks really good. My hair was successfully lightened up a few shades too and has a pleasantly fruity smell. Not quite as nice as my blue dye, but significantly nicer than the last round.
Looks like season two of KieryGeek is going to feature a ginger after all! ^.^
Last month, Alex and I were outside and looked into the sky and saw a jet stream in a funky wave. And we were like, oh, that’s weird, and thought it looked like something you’d see in the game Flight Control on the iPad (love that game).
4 weeks, and a lot of editing later…
I’m facing a dilemma. I’m working on re-illustrating and I finally have all the drafts done. The problem is, the new James looks much different than the old James (two very different styles) and I’m not sure which style to go with. Obviously, James 2.0 will still be different from 1.0, but I’m wondering if I should bring it closer to 1.5 instead. Not sure, so today it’s open ended – which do you like better?
You can comment here, or just like one of the pictures on Facebook.
In the meantime, I’ve been painting the non people scenes with acrylics on cold press paper. *love* it.
Last year, today, I started painting. I took my first painting lesson and painted some flowers in a vase. So I thought, that it would be fun to put up my first painting, and my last painting side by side. I didn’t paint today, so it’s not *exactly* a 8/25-8/25 year, but it’s close, and makes me happy.
My Twilight Pixie painting was featured in a treasury today, and I had one of those “oh, it’s still there?!?!” moments. It’s been hanging in my bedroom and I kept meaning to do some touch up painting on it and make it look better (because, well, honestly it looked pretty bad, but was great for where I was at the time). Nothing like discovering it again and seeing it featured to motivate a re-do. So that’s what I did. I hated the way the black background looked – I was using acrylic like watercolors and didn’t spend enough time on it to make it solid and was afraid of using all of my tiny little tube of it. Although, months later, I have another tube of black and still haven’t used up the whole smaller tube, I figured I could spare it. I took pictures of it after it dried (I love the fast drying paint most of the time…) and updated it on etsy, so now it looks *much* better.
But I thought it would be even more fun to post a before and after picture: